Kite & Key Media is a nonprofit digital company dedicated to illuminating the biggest issues facing America and the world. Driven by facts and evidence, its videos translate cutting-edge research and journalism into digestible media that offers the context necessary for understanding issues affecting our lives. We care deeply about public education and seek to make it easy for Americans across the country to access the information they need, in the way they like to consume it.
We are looking for a Development Director to work with our CEO and other staff members to grow and manage the organization’s base of support. The ideal candidate is an outgoing strategic thinker and organizer with entrepreneurial muscle. They must be results driven and have experience in project building. This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing start-up—to help strategize, build, launch, and manage programs that will enable the organization’s mission. Only enthusiastic, smart, and energized candidates need apply.
- Organize, manage, and direct all backend operations related to Kite & Key’s development program including fundraising plans, membership, timelines, budgets, calendar, donation tracking systems, and correspondence with donors.
- Plan and drive support for organization events.
- Lead and develop innovative programming that engages and grows our online membership audience.
- Develop and draft written materials including year-end reports, donor letters, letters of inquiries, and proposals.
- Maintain current donor base and proactively identify new or innovative prospects for our growing company.
- Educating donors about our work’s progress and impact.
- Build strong relationships with nonprofits and other thought leaders.
- Act as a force multiplier for Kite & Key’s CEO, supporting her as she raises revenue for the company.
Experience and skills:
- 5-10 years (minimum) of demonstrated experience and success working in fundraising, sales, marketing, branding or some equivalent field. We are excited to meet candidates with more experience and can tailor the role for the right senior candidate.
- Demonstrated excitement/interest in public policy work and digital media
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in building presentations for donor and/or board meetings
- Friendly, good attitude, team player, open to learning, excellent judgement (someone who thinks before they jump but also WILL jump to get the job done)
- Hyper organized and systems-oriented
- Ability to manage up and down to ensure team coordination
This is a remote work opportunity. Travel will be periodically required. This is a full-time role. We are open to talking with candidates who are interested in part-time work in this area. Please send both a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.