Kite & Key Media is a nonprofit digital company dedicated to illuminating the biggest issues facing America and the world. Driven by facts and evidence, its videos translate cutting-edge research and journalism into digestible media that offers the context necessary for understanding issues affecting our lives.
The ideal candidate for the Marketing Strategist position would have an interest in public policy, a passion for social media, and prior experience in the video marketing space. An intimate understanding of growth strategies on Instagram and YouTube specifically is a must (and other video platforms like TikTok a plus). Experience with digital media production, video/photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or agency background a plus.
- Build and manage growth marketing strategies for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and other emerging platforms
- Drive video views, engagement, and owned audience acquisition while adhering to best practices and brand guidelines
- Research potential partners to promote video content on specific platforms; conduct outreach to said influencers, journalists, and/or thought leaders; share and report on audience development
- Routinely monitor and report on key performance metrics; gain insights on effectiveness of efforts; utilize data to positively effect future success
- Initiate and/or produce creative that is informative, highly visual, and engaging
- Coordinate with others on the team for shared learnings, multi-channel campaigns, user interaction, promotional partnerships, and more
Experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Passion for video marketing and social media
- Understanding of media KPIs; ability to interpret results and take action to increase campaign ROI
- Strong social media copywriting and copy-editing skills—clever and “smart-funny” tone a plus!
- Experience with graphic design and/or video editing (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
- Familiarity with MailChimp
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated
- Reliable team player
- Unafraid to raise the flag or ask questions
New York City, hybrid, or remote option for the right candidate
This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing, and highly productive team. To be considered for a full-time or contract-based position, please be sure to submit BOTH a cover letter (including language that details your interest in public policy) and resume to [email protected].
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.