Kite & Key is looking for an experienced Information Security Officer / Cyber Security Consultant. The role (available on a part-time or consultant basis) would be responsible for protecting the organization's IT infrastructure, devices, networks, and data. More granularly, he/she is responsible for preventing data breaches and monitoring and reacting to attacks.
- Assess the company's current security infrastructure
- Develop standard monitoring and maintenance programs for ensuring maximum protection against potential threats
- Ensuring staff hardware and software is protected in remote and hybrid environment
- Outline guidelines, procedures, and best practices for data and file management / sharing to be distributed staffwide
- Implement additional security features and software as needed
- Oversee ongoing IT, cybersecurity, and risk management programs based on industry-accepted systems
- Communicate vulnerabilities, suggestions, and critical updates to senior team on a regular basis
- Develop and implement data loss protection procedures and practices
- Prepare annualized budget proposal for infosec-related costs
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing threats to security, establishing protocols for identifying and neutralizing threats, and maintaining updated anti-virus software to block threats
- Background in website hosting, backup services, Microsoft 365, Network Attached Storage (NAS), WordPress security landscape, DNS routing, firewall, CDN, malware monitoring, outage reporting, etc.
- Experience with PII and consumer protection services (via e-commerce)
- Knowledge of hybrid work environment with PCs and Macs — for staffers who work remotely across the U.S.
To be considered for this role, please make sure to do the following:
Submit your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your familiarity with Kite & Key, addresses availability (e.g., contract or retainer terms), and describes your skill set as related to the experience and skill section above.
Please send this information to [email protected].
Salary range depends on part-time vs. consultant status (i.e., hours available) and experience level
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.