Kite & Key Media is seeking a candidate with experience in video editing and motion graphics to join our in-house digital media production team. The ideal candidate would have the technical acumen to work efficiently in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, demonstrate a keen eye for slick motion graphics, and love creating video content that drives our mission forward across many digital channels. He/she must be able to hit frequent deadlines and have an interest in public policy.
This is a full-time remote role (although it is possible to work out of our NYC office).
- Post-production - basic and complex video editing and motion graphics tasks. With direction from executive producers, this role will assist in the final polishing of core videos, including but not limited to modifying animations, ensuring appropriate typography, adherence to brand requirements, and general copyediting.
- Creation of derivative content from core videos (excerpts, YouTube Shorts, Instagram reels, etc.)
- Creation of platform-specific promotional video content (trailers, hype reels, supercuts, etc.)
- Work with executive producers to create and maintain editorial workflows.
- Sourcing and securing assets for video and promotional content.
- Assisting with archiving of full video project files and asset packages.
Experience and skills:
- Experience with video production—from concept through completion
- At least 2 years of professional experience creating motion graphics and videos in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Strong technical skills with post-production workflows (remote editing workflow experience is a plus)
- Photoshop and design experience is a plus
- Music & sound editing a significant plus but not critical (e.g., mixing and mastering final exports, sweetening VO, etc.)
- Creative drive to explore new approaches to developing content for the Kite & Key brand
- Interest in social media and platform-specific content creation
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Detail oriented and responsible with deadlines
To be considered for this role, please make sure to do the following:
- Submit your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your familiarity with Kite & Key (name a favorite video!) and describes your skill set as related to the experience and skill section above.
- Include a link to your portfolio or work samples or reel. Please make clear to us what role you played in any of the work you forward us.
Please send this information to [email protected].
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.