Video Producer / Editor
Kite & Key Media is seeking candidates with experience creating short-form video content for digital media. We are interested in candidates with a background in producing, editing, and/or motion graphics. Candidates must demonstrate strong creativity, storytelling ability, and an interest in public policy.
There are full-time and contract-based positions available; the roles can include a mix of all or some of the following list of responsibilities.
- Video production – lead and/or support all phases of projects from pre-production to production, and through post-production. May include research, music/sfx/voice-overs, editing, graphics, titling, and other raw media management.
- Basic and complex video editing tasks - editing video in post-production to conform to house style and rhythm. Polishing videos with appropriate typography, branding, etc.
- Work with executive producers to create and maintain editorial workflows.
- Sourcing and securing assets for approved storyboard.
- Generating auxiliary content for video promotion such as highlight reels, social media excerpts, GIFs, etc.
- Assisting with archiving of full video project files and asset packages.
Experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Experience with video production—from concept through completion (or specific parts of process — e.g., graphics — as applicable)
- Deep familiarity with Kite & Key’s video voice and style
- Creative drive to explore new approaches to video storytelling
- Passion for social media and platform-specific video creation and distribution
- Have a full understanding of the legal landscape and knowledge of content rights and licensing
- At least three years of relevant experience in Adobe Premiere, including integrating video and visual effects/motion graphics and proficiency in Adobe After Effects (full Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus)
- Ability to work well in a team setting, sharing new ideas and welcoming constructive feedback
To be considered for a full-time or contract-based position, please make sure to do ALL of the following:
- Submit BOTH a cover letter and resume.
- Indicate whether you are looking for a FT or contract-based role.
- Include a link to your portfolio of work samples or reel and be sure to detail your role and contributions to the presented work.
- Include language that details your interest in public policy work and Kite & Key Media.
- Be specific about your skill set; identify the parts of the responsibility list for which you have experience and interest.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.