Are you interested in working for a digital media company dedicated to illuminating the biggest issues facing America and the world? Apply today.
Video Production: Producer/Editor
Kite & Key Media is seeking candidates with experience creating short-form video content for digital media. We are interested in candidates with a background in producing, editing, and/or motion graphics. Candidates must demonstrate strong creativity, storytelling ability, and an interest in public policy.
There are full-time and contract-based positions available; the roles can include a mix of all or some of the following list of responsibilities.
- Video production – lead and/or support all phases of projects from pre-production to production, and through post-production. May include research, music/sfx/voice-overs, editing, graphics, titling, and other raw media management.
- Basic and complex video editing tasks - editing video in post-production to conform to house style and rhythm. Polishing videos with appropriate typography, branding, etc.
- Work with executive producers to create and maintain editorial workflows.
- Sourcing and securing assets for approved storyboard.
- Generating auxiliary content for video promotion such as highlight reels, social media excerpts, GIFs, etc.
- Assisting with archiving of full video project files and asset packages.
Experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Experience with video production—from concept through completion (or specific parts of process — e.g., graphics — as applicable)
- Deep familiarity with Kite & Key’s video voice and style
- Creative drive to explore new approaches to video storytelling
- Passion for social media and platform-specific video creation and distribution
- Have a full understanding of the legal landscape and knowledge of content rights and licensing
- At least three years of relevant experience in Adobe Premiere, including integrating video and visual effects/motion graphics and proficiency in Adobe After Effects (full Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus)
- Ability to work well in a team setting, sharing new ideas and welcoming constructive feedback
To be considered for a full-time or contract-based position, please make sure to do ALL of the following:
- Submit BOTH a cover letter and resume.
- Indicate whether you are looking for a FT or contract-based role.
- Include a link to your portfolio of work samples or reel and be sure to detail your role and contributions to the presented work.
- Include language that details your interest in public policy work and Kite & Key Media.
- Be specific about your skill set; identify the parts of the responsibility list for which you have experience and interest.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
FALL 2021 INTERNSHIPS
Application deadline: August 1
Marketing Associate Internship
Kite & Key Media is looking for an enthusiastic marketing associate to assist with promotional outreach and social media planning for new and existing video content. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape and must intimately understand best practices across various social media platforms—including how to tailor approaches for publishing content per channel. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching in-market groups or individuals who might be interested in sharing our content (policymakers, industry- or membership-based organizations, influencers, journalists, newsletters, practitioners, websites, etc.)
- Creating pitch material and crafting tailored social media copy/creative
- Managing preliminary outreach to potential promotional partners
- Drafting social media posts
- Devising creative assets for digital consumption
- Developing an editorial content calendar and outreach program
- Crafting an interactive social media engagement plan
- Offering new ideas for audience acquisition, engagement, and growth across online platforms
- Introducing Kite & Key Media to university organizations and chapter-based networks
- Conducting competitor research as needed
Those looking to gain valuable promotional and digital media experience with a startup are encouraged to apply. Strong background in social media marketing (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn) is required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, and/or WordPress—and an interest in/familiarity with public policy—is a plus.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by August 1, 2021; be sure to indicate your interest in this position specifically.
Video Production Internship
Kite & Key Media is looking for folks who have experience in the digital media / video production space. More specifically, we’re interested in those with a background in producing, editing, and/or graphics. Responsibilities include:
- Editing video based on approved post-production editing style
- Sourcing and securing assets for approved storyboard
- Generating auxiliary content for video promotion such as highlight reels, social media, motion graphics, and so on
- Polishing videos with appropriate typography, branding, etc.
- Assisting with archiving of videos
Candidates must have video and editing experience, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects; must also be highly creative and driven with superior attention to detail. Intimate understanding of various social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and a demonstrated interest in public policy.
Please email your CV and cover letter (and samples of your video work and/or digital portfolio if available) to [email protected] by August 1, 2021; be sure to indicate your interest in this position specifically.
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.