Digital Marketing Internship
Kite & Key Media is looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to assist with promotional outreach and social media planning for new and existing video content. The ideal applicant will possess knowledge of the digital media landscape and understand best practices across various social media platforms — including how to tailor approaches for publishing content per channel. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching in-market groups or individuals who might be interested in sharing our content (policymakers, industry- or membership-based organizations, influencers, journalists, newsletters, practitioners, websites, etc.)
- Creating pitch material and crafting tailored social media copy/creative
- Managing preliminary outreach to potential promotional partners
- Drafting social media posts
- Devising creative assets for digital consumption
- Developing an editorial content calendar and outreach program
- Crafting an interactive social media engagement plan
- Offering new ideas for audience acquisition, engagement, and growth across online platforms
- Introducing Kite & Key Media to university organizations and chapter-based networks
- Conducting competitor research as needed
Those looking to gain valuable promotional and digital media experience with a startup are encouraged to apply. Background in social media marketing (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn) is required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, and/or WordPress—and an interest in/familiarity with public policy—is a plus.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]; be sure to indicate your interest in this position specifically.
Stipends range from $250-$1,000 based on duration of internship.
Video Production Internship
Kite & Key Media is looking for folks who have experience in the digital media / video production space. More specifically, we’re interested in those with a background in producing, editing, and/or graphics. Responsibilities include:
- Editing video based on approved post-production editing style
- Sourcing and securing assets for approved storyboard
- Generating auxiliary content for video promotion such as highlight reels, social media, motion graphics, and so on
- Polishing videos with appropriate typography, branding, etc.
- Assisting with archiving of videos
Candidates must have video and editing experience, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects; must also be highly creative and driven with superior attention to detail. Intimate understanding of various social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and a demonstrated interest in public policy.
Please email your resume and cover letter (and samples of your video work and/or digital portfolio if available) to [email protected]; be sure to indicate your interest in this position specifically.
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.