Effective Date: March 1, 2021
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect the following categories of information when you use our Services:
Information you provide directly to us.
- Contact Information, including name, alias, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, address;
- Sign-In Information, including username and password, account name, account number;
- Profile Information and Survey Responses, including your interests, preferences, or other information;
- Geolocation Data, if you have opted in through your device settings to provide it;
- Transaction and Billing Data, including bank account and payment card details, if you decide to make a donation to us;
- Event Information, such as the contact data you provide when you register for an event, and a record of your participation in our events as an attendee;
- Membership Information; and
- Correspondence you send to us.
Information we collect automatically.
We collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use, including your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; device and advertising identifiers, probabilistic identifiers, and other unique personal or online identifiers; time zone setting and location; browser type and version; browser plug in types and versions; operating system and platform; Internet service provider; pages that you visit before and after using the Services, browsing history, and search history; the date and time of your visit; information about the links you click, pages you view, and advertising you interact with within the Services and other information about how you use the Services. We may also collect information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links you click and whether email messages were opened or forwarded. If you or your device experience an error, we collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred. Consistent with your mobile device or app permissions, we also collect geolocation information (including geolocation information derived from your GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth signals, IP address, and other device information).
Information we collect from others.
We may also receive the categories of information described above and commercial information (including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies) from other sources, including from users of our Services and third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access any social media or similar services through the Services to login or to share information about your experience on our Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services. In addition, we may collect personal information from publicly available sources, such as corporate and industry websites, press releases, and other news outlets.
II. USE OF INFORMATION
We use and otherwise process each of the categories of information identified above for the following purposes:
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about things that are similar to those that you have inquired about or may otherwise be of interest to you, or to send promotional materials from us or by our affiliates and trusted business partners.
- To improve our Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your device; to administer our Services, including troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to keep our Services, business and users safe and secure; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Otherwise with your consent.
III. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. WWe share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as donation processing, email deployment, advertising and marketing, security and performance monitoring, maintaining or servicing accounts, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, research, data hosting, auditing, and data processing. Service providers are limited to using our user data for the purposes for which we provide it to them.
- Partners and affiliates. We may share your information with partners and/or affiliate organizations.
- Business transfers. If we sell all or part of Kite & Key Media or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information—including personal information—to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Kite & Key Media, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as social media services, through the Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Services, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
IV. ADVERTISING, COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Other Local Storage. We, along with third-party partners, may use other kinds of local storage, such as HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls.
V. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
VII. DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We maintain security measures to safeguard information from loss, theft interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also maintain procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete, and current. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
IX. CONTACT INFORMATION
Subscribe and follow along on social channels for new content @kiteandkeymedia.